- Fire:- Ignition of combustible material.
- Explosion :- Explosion may occurs inside the tank.
- Noise:- Level more than 90dB(A).
- I. R. / U.R. Radiation :- Skin burn, Red Eye & Metal fume fever.
- Welding and cutting operation should not be permitted in or near hazardous locations.
- Electric shocks protection by using proper PPEs.
- Use of work permit system in Hazardous locations.
- Ventilation, safety belt while working at height.
- Use of necessary PPEs like full body apron, leg apron (leather)
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Only trained and qualified person allow for welding and cutting activities.
- Proper supervision.
- Toolbox and STA briefing conducted before start the job.
- Fire extinguisher must be available.
- Fire and emergency control contact no displayed at site.
- Walkway and emergency exit route must be clear ( without any obstruction).
- Do not temper with safety device of cylinder.
- Don’t use cylinders as rollers, support or any purpose other than contains gas.
Sling, chain or rope should not be used for handling cylinders
- Cylinder should stored in dry, well ventilated place and away form source of ignition / heat /electrical fitting.
- Oxygen cylinders are to be stored 20 feet away from flammable materials.
- Cylinders should be separated by a fire restive partition of at least 5 feet height.
Using cylinders safety :-
- Using cylinders in up right position and secure them falling & collision.
- Cylinder should be at least 12feet away from the job.
- Never use oil or grease as a lubricants on valves attachment of oxygen cylinder.
- Leaking gas cylinders should be taken out of use immediately .
- Don’t permit sparks , molten metal , electric current, excessive heat or flame to come in contact with cylinder or attachment.
- Gas cylinder valve must be closed, when work is completed.