Gas leak in vizag
As per the official said LG polymers Gas leakage in Vizag Andhrapredesh nearly 5000 people fell sick and 11 people died due to Styrene.
As per the reports the gas leakage happened around 3:00 am 7/5/2020 at LG Polymers company, Venkatapuram near Naiduthota area.
The gas leak incident led to panic among the area in the 3.5 Kilometres-radius. Many people were seen lying unconscious on outside of roads during some facing breathing difficulties. They also complained of rashes on their body and soar eyes.
Styrene is a in-flammable liquid its used for make polystyrene plastics, fiber glass, and rubber.
Health effects of styrene include irritation of the skin, eyes, and the upper respiratory tract. Acute exposure may also result in gastrointestinal effects. Provides an Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health (IDLH) document that includes acute toxicity data for styrene.
What does styrene do to the body
Chronic (long-term) exposure to styrene in humans results in effects on the central nervous system (CNS), such as headache, fatigue, weakness, and depression, CSN dysfunction, hearing loss, and peripheral neuropathy
Why styrene is toxic?
Animal studies have shown that inhalation of styrene can result in changes in the lining of the nose and damage to the liver. However, animals may be more sensitive than humans to the nose and liver effects. Impaired learning has been observed in rats exposed to high doses of styrene
CLICK HERE FOR👉 POLYMER PLANT HAZARD AND CONTROL MEASURES
CLICK HERE FOR👉 CHEMICAL SAFETY